Talofa lava, Kia orana, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Talofa ni, Mālō e lelei, Ni sa bula.Welcome.
Nau mai, Haere mai.
It is great to see so many of you using the online-interactive assessment resources with the Student URL and the My folder feature. For those of you who haven’t tried, make sure that you share the Student URL with your students so you can see their results in the Completed resources tab.
This update includes:
- 14 new Level 1 ARB assessment resources
- ARBs and the Science capabilities at Level 1 and 2
- Popular ARB articles and resources
- ARBs and the Learning Progression Frameworks
- Assessment workshops and webinars
New formative assessment resources
- gathering and interpreting data
- using evidence to identify observation and evidence and the science capabilities
- using comprehension strategies to recall details about a text
- looking at different ways to show information
- interpreting graphs and statements about graphs
- position and orientation
Some of the most popular ARBs articles:
Tables and graphs
Types of numbers
Some of the most popular assessment resources:
Night in the forest
What might it be?
Information about moa
Investigating the water cycle
Our solar system
All assessment resources in Maths and English have now been linked to the Learning Progression Frameworks. We have also developed three maps that link the Learning Progressions Frameworks to ARB Reading, Writing and Mathematics resources.
These are located in the ARBs, National Standards, PaCT and OTJs section on the homepage.
We had a lovely time running several webinars to showcase the ARBs in Maths, English, and Science.
Thanks to all who attended these, and for your questions.
Open this link for more information about the: ARBs workshops and webinars
You can register as an individual for a scheduled webinar, or contact us to register your school or Kāhui Ako for a workshop. You can also let us know if you'd like us to run a webinar on a particular part of the ARBs.
Our experienced Education Advisers provide a range of professional learning and development workshops to help you make the most of your school’s assessments. We can customise all professional learning opportunities, workshops, and webinars for your school or cluster. We can also run staff meetings in person or through webinars depending on your needs and budget.
The ARB team